Counsel, United States of America and Latin America Specialist
Yurima Falcon-Grace is a Senior Legal Counsel with over 12 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry providing international legal advice on contracts, legal risk, compliance and regulatory areas to national and international oil companies.
Ms. Falcon-Grace has solid experience managing commercial contracts, cross-border venture agreements, distribution and sales agreements, international transactions, corporate compliance and regulatory matters. Demonstrated leadership managing cross-functional teams, in-house and outside counsels.
Ms. Falcon-Grace’s law firm career comprises in-house and consulting practice with and exceptional and unique business and legal understanding of day-to-day, managerial and executive oil & gas operations in Latin America and to lead, coordinate and oversee complex cross-border transactions under different legal systems, including mergers and acquisitions, upstream, downstream, oilfield services, operating and master service agreements, employment issues, and litigation management.
Ms. Falcon-Grace is a Native Spanish-speaker with fluency in English and working knowledge of Portuguese. She is licensed in Venezuela and is a Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional-International (CCEP-I).
Attorney Falcon is specialized in the following areas:
– Oil and gas Latin America regulatory framework and risk assessment.
– Contracts drafting, review and negotiation.
– Public-Private Partnerships (PPP).
– Anti-Bribery and Anti-corruption US and international laws.
– Merger & Acquisitions
– Corporate ethics and compliance programs, compliance training and corporate governance.
– Litigation, arbitration and regulatory relations management.
– International bidding processes.
Ms. Falcon-Grace’s academic credentials include a Master of Laws (LL.M.), Energy, Environment, and Natural Resources. She is a member of the Caracas Bar Association, the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators, the American Bar Association, the Association of Corporate Counsel, Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics, Hispanic National Bar Association and the Institute of Internal Auditors.
USA and Latin American Specialization Areas
Oil and Gas Industry:
- Cross border Venture Agreements, Distribution/Sales Agreements
- Managerial and executive oil & gas operations
- Cross-border transactions under different legal systems, including mergers and acquisitions
- Upstream, downstream, oilfield services, operating and master service agreements, employment issues, and litigation management;
- Anti-Bribery and Anti-corruption US and international laws
- Litigation, arbitration and regulatory relations management
- International bidding processes
- Spanish: Native Speaker
- English: Fluent
- Portugues: Fluent