R. Leticia Cuevas
Senior Partner, Chief Executive Officer, Mexico Specialist
R. Leticia Cuevas rejoins SILLAC as a Senior Partner and Chief Executive Officer. Aside from her earlier specialization in International Business Law, Ms. Cuevas brings a wealth of knowledge in Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S), having focused for over twenty years in International Labor Law, and performed extensive analysis on compliance with health and safety regulations in the workplace in Latin America and the Caribbean. Ms. Cuevas has specialized in the Chemical Management regulations of Latin America and the Caribbean, emphasizing in the Globally Harmonized System of Classsification and Labeling of Hazardous Chemicals.
Ms. Cuevas is also experienced in Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards. Please see her presentation on comparative Latin American Arbitration.
Latin American and International Practice Areas
- Industrial Criminal Liability for Non-compliance under Environmental Regulations
- Protection of Foreign Investment/International Expropriation under Trade Agreements
- Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) and Enforcement of Arbitral Awards
- Unfair Trade: Antidumping and Countervailing duties
- International Contract Law – Turnkey projects
- Development Banking/International and Domestic Banking