Dr. Juanita Hernandez Vidal
Lawyer, Colombia Specialist
Juanita Hernandez Vidal is a Colombian Legal Advisor specialized in electricity, natural gas, utilities, public lighting, mining, hydrocarbons and renewable energy legal and regulatory frameworks. She has held positions in governmental institutions and private corporations, and she regularly advises industry, utilities, developers and public entities in structuring, development, negotiation and drafting energy infrastructure and service contracts across the energy, gas and oil supply chain. She also has high expertise in the advisory of new business development, merger and acquisition and regulatory impact analysis.
In addition to her professional practice, she teaches Colombian Mining Law, Legal and Regulatory Regime of Electric Energy and Legal Regime of Renewable Energies in the undergraduate program at the Universidad Externado de Colombia. She is also author of articles in specialized books. She is a Member the Institute for Energy Law of the Center for American and International Law (CAIL) and the Bar Association of Mining and Oil of Colombia.
Ms. Vidal Hernandez holds the following academic credentials:
- Master’s degree in law with emphasis on regulating Mining, Petroleum and Energy (2015)
- Diploma in Corporate Law (2015) update
- Diploma in Mining Law and Petroleum Law (2011)
- Specialization in Energy-Mining Law (2009)
- Diploma in the regulation of Electricity and Natural Gas (2009)
- Recipient of a law degree from the Universidad Externado de Colombia(2008)